Choose the Options / Preferences menu item.
There are 3 choices:
- Record every throw
UltiStats has two basic modes: one mode records every pass made
by your team, the other records only the result of each possession
(ie goal or turnover).
- Autoselect last 7 in subs dialog
When a point ends the subs dialog comes up so you can select the
players in the next point. If this checkbox is selected then the
dialog will appear with the same 7 players from the last point
already checked. If this option is turned off then the dialog will
come up with no players selected.
- Activate timer
UltiStats can keep track of the time spent between points or during
timeouts. By selecting this option you can enter time limits when
you wish to hear warning beeps.
- Basic Use
First create your team:
Start the game:
- Click New in the Teams section (lower left of main screen).
- Enter a name for your team and tap Ok.
- Fill out the roster and tap Ok.
(Cut/Copy/Paste are available in menu)
End the game and see the stats:
- Select your team from the Teams section and tap Start Game.
- Enter a name for your opponent and tap Ok.
- Select your starting 7 players and tap Ok.
- Use the controls to track the progress of the game.
- After you have entered the final goal tap the End Game button
in the subs dialog.
- The stats screen will now appear and you can review the data.
- Tap Done to return to the UltiStats main screen.
You may uncheck the Save in DB checkbox if you would like
to throw away all this data.
- View All Stats menu item starts with the first item in the
Games list and then combines it will every other game in the
list with the exact same roster (so try to get your roster
correct before a tournament begins.. if you change your roster later
then this option won't combine the stats for all games).
- Reset subs counters menu item resets the global playing-time
counters. In the subs dialog shown at right each player has three
items: The first is the number of points played / total number of
points in the current game. The second is the total points played
over the total points.. this menu item resets these counters.
Note that these counters do not check the names on the roster, so
if you change your roster or record a game with a different team
altogether then this middle column can show inaccurate data.
(The third item in the subs dialog is the number of consecutive points
each player has been in or out of the game).
- View Stats button in Games section. Select a game in the Games
list and tap this button to review the stats summary for that game.
- View Plays button in Games section. Select a game in the Games
list and tap this button to view the play-by-play account of that game.
- Delete button in Games section. Select a game in the Games list
and tap this button to delete the data for that game.
- New button in the Teams section. Tap this button to create a new
team roster. If you select an existing team in the list prior to tapping
New then the dialog will present a checkbox allowing you to copy
the selected team into the newly created team.
- Edit, Edit Name and Delete in the Teams section
are self explanatory.
- The 0 button in the lower left unselects all players.
- The <> button toggles which half of the roster is
- To the right of these buttons the current score is displyed.
- When the subs dialog first appears between points the End Game
button is visible. Once you begin to select players this is replaced
with a label telling you how many players are currently selected
(you can't click Ok until this number is seven).
If you want to make the End Game button reappear simple
unselect all players (or tap the 0 button).
- The Ok button confirms your selections and proceeds with the game.
The basic procedure to follow is this:
(It's easy to forget step 2)
- Select the type of action in the upper left.
- Select any applicable modifiers in the lower left.
- Select the player who performed the action on the right
(or simply tap the big Ok button if present).
Note that "Goal by" is the thrower. After you tap the player that
threw the goal the label above the player buttons will change to
"Receiver".. then you can tap of the player that caught the goal.
- Description of stats data
Pts played: Number of points played. Half a point for players who
subbed in or subbed out for an injury.
% on D or O: % of points played where your team was receiving the
pull (on O) or throwing the pull (on D).
Completion %: Percent of attempted passes that were complete.
Note that this stat is only meaningful when the Record every throw
mode is in effect. Otherwise this value is just counts of goals thrown
Efficiency: This statistic measures how often the team scores when
each player is on the field, regardless of whether they threw or caught
the goal. O is efficiency when your team received the pull,
D is efficiency when your team pulled, and C is the overall
- Getting data to your PC
Both the View Stats and View Plays screens have an
Export to Memopad menu option. This will copy the data into
a memo (Unfiled category) which you can then hotsync back to